A proposal, engagement and wedding in just 30 minutes-and guests thought they were attending a birthday party

wedding in 30 minutes
The couple at their wedding           PHOTO:COURTESY

A couple stunned guests by staging a surprise wedding which took half an hour from “marry me?” to “I do”. Even bridesmaids and best men had no idea that they would be taking part. Michael Clark and Fay Brazendale’s family and friends turned up for what they thought was her 30th birthday.

But as Michael brought out the cake, he astounded the 120 guests by dropping to one knee and proposing. Straight after accepting, tearful Fay revealed the wedding would be taking place there and then. Fay, 29, said: “The whole room was in shock. There was a huge intake of breath.” The couple, from Salford, met two years ago on a holiday boat trip in Thailand. Fay said: “It has all been a whirlwind affair. I work as a party planner so I knew I wanted something different. We didn’t want a church or sit-down meal. “The only people in on it were our parents, my best friend and my boss Julie Perry, who was helping us. I can’t believe nobody found out about it.
Previous
Next Post »